Do Not use any Retin-A or Glycolic Acids in the brow area during or after healing!
Do Not scrub or pick treated areas!
Do Not expose area to the sun or tanning beds!
Avoid swimming pool for 14 days!
Do Not dye or tweeze eyebrows for one week after the procedure!
Failure to follow post procedure instructions may result in infection or loss/discoloration of pigment.
What is normal?
Mild swelling, itching, light scabbing, light bruising and dry tightness. Aftercare ointments work well for scabbing and tightness.
Too dark and slightly uneven appearance. After 2-7 days the darkness will fade, and once any swelling dissipates unevenness usually disappears. If it is too dark or still a bit uneven after 4 weeks then we will make adjustments during the touch-up appointment.
Color change or color loss. As the procedure area heals, the color will lighten and sometimes seem to disappear in places. This can all be addressed during the touch-up appointment which is why touchup is necessary. The procedure area has to heal completely before we can address any concerns. Healing takes about four weeks.
A touchup may be needed 6 months to 1 year after the first touchup procedure depending on your skin, medications, and sun exposure. Your first touch-up is included 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment.
You will need to schedule a touch-up appointment every 6 months to 1 year to keep them looking fresh and beautiful. Future touch-up appointments are not included in the original fee.
If most of the hair strokes have faded, the entire procedure will need to be repeated. An email photo consultation may be necessary to determine if you need a touchup or a repeat of the entire procedure.
- Use a fresh pillowcase and do not sleep on your face or eyebrows!
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring and will cause loss of color. Your flakes will gently fall off by themselves when they are ready to!
- Facials, Botox, waxing, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4-6 weeks after your treatment.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning for 4-6 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors and once fully healed, be sure to protect your eyebrows with spf. Any prolonged sun exposure will cause premature fading.
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for at least one week. You can exercise, but nothing that will cause overexertion or extreme sweating whatsoever.
- Avoid taking long hot showers for the first 10 days and when in the shower avoid water completely on the eyebrow area. You will only be gently washing them in the morning and at night, outside of the shower and without hot water.
- Avoid swimming, sauna’s, or hot tubs until your eyebrows have healed!
- Avoid applying any type of makeup to your brow area. Do not get any concealer, powder or anything on the area for at least 2 weeks.
- Keep your hands off of the area. No picking or scratching the treated area.
Important note about showering
You will want to limit the time you spend in the shower. Avoid using very hot water and creating steam. This will create unwanted moisture on the face.
What to expect after the procedure
- Slight redness and/or discomfort may be present for the first two days. This will resolve itself. Do not apply any kind of creams, ointments, etc, other than what was provided to you.
- The day after your procedure, the color will appear darker and sharper as it begins healing. If you follow your after-care, you should have very minimal flaking beginning around the 5th day. Do not pick scratch or peel off any skin as this will pull the pigment out.
- As your eyebrows heal, you will see the strokes widen and the color will soften.
- Once flaking is complete, there will still be a nearly invisible layer of skin that will make your color appear faded, missing, or disappeared. Within the first two weeks after flaking, you will notice some of the color coming back through as the skin continues to repair itself.
- Depending on your skin type and proper aftercare, it is not unusual to see a few strokes fade or disappear from the skin. Remember, you should feel “unfinished” after your first appointment-you are only halfway done. This is why all clients require two sessions, minimum!
- If the touch-up session was not already scheduled at your first session, then you will need to schedule it online as soon as possible.
- Your touch-up will ensure the longevity of your color, hair-strokes and/or shading.